When connecting the second Desktop Delivery Controller (DDC) to a XenDesktop 5 farm that is configured for a SQL Express data store, the following error message is displayed:
This error message is displayed even when both servers are on the same subnet. Additionally, these servers can communicate with each another and it is also possible to stop or disable the Windows firewall service, whenever required, for these servers.
By default, the Server Browser service is disabled on SQL Express
To connect the second DDC to the XenDesktop 5 farm, complete the following procedure:
- From the Windows Start menu, select SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Select the SQL Server Services node of SQL Server Configuration Manager in the left pane, as shown in the following screen shot:
- Edit the properties of the SQL Server Browser service available in the right pane.
- Select the Service tab and change the default setting to Automatic, as shown in the following screen shot:
- Start the SQL Server Browser service from the SQL Server console, as shown in the following screen shot:
After the preceding procedure is complete, the second DDC can connect to the XenDesktop 5 farm and no error message is displayed.