This article describes how to configure Application Pre-launch in XenApp version 6.5.
- Citrix Receiver 3.0 for Windows
- Online Plugin 13.0
To configure Application Pre-Launch in XenApp 6.5, complete the following procedure:
- Select an application for pre-launch from the AppCenter.
- Right-click the application and select Other tasks.
- Create a pre-launch application.
- After you complete it, a new pre-launch application is added to the application list with an icon followed by an application name, as shown in the following screen shot.
Note: Pre-launch is available only for the application’s configured users.
- On the client device, verify the setting of the following registry key(Default Installation Values):
32bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Prelaunch
64bit systems: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Prelaunch
- Close the Receiver and then re-open it.
Note: Do not start any applications.
- In AppCenter that the application is set for prelaunch.
- The following screen shot displays a calculator that is a prelaunch application and ready to use. The application is now ready to start.
- It is a best practice to also set the folowing policies:
Pre-launch Terminate Timer Interval
Maximum amount of time before the pre-launch application exits (60 minutes by default)
Pre-launch Disconnect Timer Interval
Amount of time before the pre-launch application disconnects the session (60 minutes by default)